Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Future


The Future is a very important part of the theory of Time. In fact as far as we know the Future does not exist any more than does the Past. There is only this constant incessant Present tense in which we live and act and feel.

However, the very acts of planning, dreaming, hoping or reaching imply that we believe we can influence what will happen after Now. Consequently, although it does not exist and never has, the Future is a very important Focus of human life. 


The Future is the domain in which our dreams come true and our ambitions are fulfilled. In the Future we discover and own another of the key components of Success [Happiness], which is Hope.

It has been suggested by some imaginative philosophers that “Life is but a dream.” It has been my experience that life often emerges from our dreams. 


In the manner of the biblical Joseph I have seen many of my own childhood dreams guide my decision-making until those dreams became real. Like Joseph, I have also seen circumstance unfold independent of my decision-making and desire. 
 
Providence has guided me to become the person I was “intended” to be. This happened in a most timely manner, enabling me to arrive at the places I needed to go - places that once existed only in my dreams.

Had it not been for many unpleasant and undesirable experiences, I would not have the same personality, disposition, character, and outlook. These ideas and experiences have moved me in perceptible ways to shape and preserve my life. 

Within the comfortable confines of Eternity we can see and hear with new eyes and ears.
...
..
.

No comments:

Post a Comment