Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Success With Less - examples & taxes

In the past six years I have conducted an effective campaign at local, provincial and federal levels to gain equal rights for children, and for the education reform required to achieve this goal while meeting our real national needs. For me the individual and the collective needs of citizens are intimately related and intertwined.

There was an initial financial outlay of $182.30 for this campaign. At this point I'm over a thousand dollars in the black I am effective in my work and extremely economical.

This amount bought and paid for legal action in Parliament as well as intervention by a Senate Committee [Rights and Freedoms], The Ombudsman of Ontario, media, scholars, and Canadians of all backgrounds. This initiative has also included many national television appearances to help clarify the issue and the discuss the urgency connected to it.

The Canadian Children’s Rights Initiative has been made possible by my analytical, administrative and activist skills, coupled with a practical knowledge of current media, governmental and organizational functionality, coupled with diplomatic and collaborative abilities. I believe in getting the job done and doing it in an unimaginably economical manner.

Another example of my economical approach was my work in Latin America. Like some awkward Forest Gump I once saw an opportunity to bring a peaceful conclusion to the long and bloody civil war in El Salvador.

I grasped this opportunity and helped shape a peace accord between the warring factions. This enabled the introduction of the democratic methods that have served Salvadorans ever since.

This helped to bring stability to Central America and has had incalculable consequences. My own main concern at the time was the boy [Hector] we had adopted through a Canadian aid group. He lived in the most dangerous community in El Salvador and needed relief. This helped him and all Salvadoran children. For war is not good for children.

I have met many people who have spent small fortunes in efforts to build a school in that region, or houses, or local economic initiatives, promoting liberty and democracy. I somehow succeeded where others had met with frustration. This involved letters, phone calls, and finally a week-long tour of El Salvador that culminated in the signing of a peace accord.

I did this while in the midst of a demanding load at work. I used a week of continuing education leave from my job to visit and study El Salvador and Latin America. This project cost me about $800.00.

I tend to be highly effective and very economical. Anyone can do this. I think we all should do it. High efficiency is learnable.

I want to apply these methods widely in government and society and then see how far and how quickly tax levels fall. :)

Peace Pays!
...
..
.

No comments:

Post a Comment